Open seven days a week. Located in Maple Plain, Minnesota. Contact Michelle at 612-382-4191 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Owl’s Nest Farms is a deluxe equestrian facility with a comfortable atmosphere for boarders, lesson students, and spectators. Our facility is friendly and enjoyable year round for both horses and riders that are looking for high quality care and personalized training. We are located in Maple Plain, MN (about 30 minutes of Minneapolis, MN).
The trainer has worked with horses for over 39 years. She has been teaching lessons since 1992 to adults and kids for various levels of riders. Our disciplines include hunters, jumpers, eventers, dressage riders, pony club riders, and beginners of all ages still trying to decide what type of riding they want to do. Our training packages and show schedules are personalized for each horse and rider. Our lesson horses, ponies, and miniature horse are very patient with beginner riders and experienced in multiple disciplines for the educated riders. We teach riders basic horsemanship as well if desired. The really young kids can enjoy very safe and fun lessons on our miniature horse if a pony is too big. We also offer partial and full leases.
Owl’s Nest horses get exceptional/personalized care. They are fed grain twice a day, hay 2-3 times a day, supplements as requested by the owners. They are turned out in grass pastures (1-6 horses in a pasture) in the morning and hand walked back into their stalls in the evening. The farm works with the owners, vets, and farriers to assist the owners’ in ensuring each horse is kept up to date on vaccines, deworming, and farrier work. The owners can be involved as little or as much as they want.
Boarders and lesson students have two spacious arenas with excellent ag-lime footing to ride in or can ride around the two farms on 80 acres. The 80 x 200 indoor arena is well insulated, lighted brightly, and has a nice tall 16’ ceiling. It is heated in the winter, so no need for a heavy coat, and kept cool in the summer with 40 ceiling fans. The 100 x 300 secluded outdoor arena is surrounded by big beautiful mature oak trees. A cross country course for multiple levels and a trail around 80 acres of beautiful farmland (alfalfa/grass fields and woods) are in the process of being created for your riding enjoyment.
The facility radiates luxury and quality of care for horses and people. The entire facility has Wi-Fi and is heated in the winter with in-floor heat (forced air heat in the arena) for you and your horse's comfort. The full kitchen has a cable TV and the kitchen, bathrooms, and tack rooms are kept warmer than the rest of the barn for the riders’ and spectators to enjoy. The kitchen, bathrooms, office, and lounge are air conditioned in the summer so you can remain nice and cool. The tack room has a separate cubby for each horse so your items don’t get lost. The tack room has an area for cleaning tack with hot and cold water. Each comfortable 12 x 12 stall has a large window, drop down sliding door, ceiling fan, rubber mats, and automatic waterer. The two grooming stalls and two wash stalls are equipped with cable TVs, fans, and vacuums/blowers for your horse. Please call or text Michelle at 612-382-4191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about boarding, lessons, or leases.
More General Information
We take exceptional, individualized care of the horses. The facility has a fun and friendly environment for horses, kids, and adults. Training is available for hunter/jumpers, dressage, eventers, and pleasure riders looking to improve their riding skills. We offer private lessons, semi-private lessons, group lessons, and training rides. We are very lucky to have a fantastic group of people at our facility. Several other services are available for more personalized care. Our facility is open seven days a week from 8am – 9pm. Below are some things that our facility offers:
- In-floor heat and forced air heat in the whole facility,
- Overhead fans in the indoor arena and over each horse stall for the summer heat and air movement in the winter,
- 80x200 indoor arena with nice aglime footing,
- 100x300 outdoor arena with nice aglime footing,
- 80 acres to ride on: alfalfa fields, woods, or around the pastures,
- Two grooming stalls and two wash stalls (with hot/cold water),
- Tackrooms (with hot/cold water for cleaning tack),
- Full kitchen, bathrooms, lounge, office, and observation deck in the indoor arena.
- Our large 12x12 stalls have classic equine stall fronts with sliding doors and drop down fronts, rubber mats, automatic waterers, ceiling fans, and windows,
- Private turnout, semi-private turnout, or group turnout (up to six horses in a pasture depending on the horse and owner needs),
- Horses are out in pastures during the day (unless the weather is bad) and in nice large box stalls at night,
- All horses are hand walked to and from the barn,
- Stalls are cleaned daily,
- Feed pelleted grain twice daily,
- Dewormed regularly,
- Daily supplements are fed with grain if needed (owner pays for supplements),
- Hay fed two-three times daily, and
- A late evening check is done every night to make sure all the horses are content.